Please, read these Terms carefully. By accepting these Terms and using our services, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and all terms incorporated by reference. If you don’t agree with these Terms or any of its Clauses, you shall immediately cease to use our services.
1. General Provisions
1.1. These Terms regulate relations pertaining to the using of the website https://Exchang.io (hereinafter – “Website”).
1.2. The following terminology applies to these Terms:
- “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the natural person (individual) accessing the Website, using our services through the Website and accepting these Terms.
- “Exchang.io”, “Services”, “Ourselves”, “We”, and “Us” refers to the company Exchang.io.
- “Party” refers to either you or us. For the avoidance of any doubt, the contracting Parties under these Terms are you and Exchang.io.
- “Digital Asset”, “Cryptocurrency” refer to blockchain-based software ledger data entries.
- “Exchange” means the swap of a crypto asset for another or the same one crypto asset.
- "Crypto Assets" means a type of assets that can be transferred only and exclusively using blockchain technology, including, but not limited to digital coins and digital tokens, and any other digital mediums of exchange.
- “Floating Rate Exchange” means a classic rate cryptocurrency exchange performed at the current most profitable rate on the market, at which the Service does not guarantee this rate.
- “Fixed Rate Exchange” means an exchange performed at the same rate which is displayed to the client at the beginning of an exchange, regardless of subsequent rate fluctuations.
1.3. These Terms are open and public. The current effective version of the Terms is located here.
1.4. In these Terms, unless otherwise specified, the words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and the words importing gender include all genders.
2. Using of Services
2.1. By using the website, you accept these Terms and agree that you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, and regulations.
2.2. Accepting the terms of the classic exchange option, also called "Classic Rate Exchange," means you acknowledge and agree that the information about the exchange rates for the floating rate option is indicative and may differ slightly from the actual exchange rate.
The following may be offered if the cryptocurrency market changes significantly during the exchange:
- To proceed with the exchange at the current market rate.
- To refund the non-exchanged crypto assets to the original address or to the refund address after deducting fees, and send the exchanged funds to the payout address after conversion into the asset specified at the exchange creation.
2.3. By using the "Floating Exchange Rate" you acknowledge and agree that the floating exchange rate may differ from the fixed exchange rate.
Exchang.io shall complete the exchange if the following requirements are met:
- We received the crypto asset in a short time after the User created the exchange. It is important to note that a payment transmitted to the blockchain network does not mean that Exchang.io accepts this payment. The number of payment confirmations is determined by us depending on the blockchain.
- The user sent the crypto asset to a specially generated address on the exchange page. Addresses for each exchange are disposable and cannot be used again.
- The user sent the exact amount that was displayed on the website, as well as took into account all relevant withdrawal fees and network fees.
If the situation allows for an exchange, the transaction will be made at the rate that was confirmed by the user at the beginning of the exchange.
If the market situation is such that the transaction cannot be executed anymore, the crypto assets will be refunded, if possible, less all applicable fees.
If the user sends an amount higher than was specified and confirmed by the user before the creation of the exchange, the transaction shall be made in accordance with the rules of Floating Rate Exchange.
2.4. When you exchange crypto assets, you acknowledge and agree that we cooperate with third-party liquidity providers, and we can use their services to complete the exchange.
2.5. For the exchange via our Services, our system automatically generates a one-time address.
2.6. The Website provides non-custodial services, which means that we do not store your Digital Assets on deposits and balances.
2.7. By accepting these Terms and using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years old and have full capacity to contract under the applicable law;
- are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of the prohibited jurisdictions (Section 10 hereunder);
- you are only transacting on the Website with legally-obtained funds that rightfully belong to you;
- you have not previously been suspended or removed from using the Website and our services;
- you are not furthering, performing, undertaking, engaging in, aiding or abetting any unlawful activity through your relationship with us or through your use of the Website and our services;
- you are comporting with and obeying these Terms and all applicable laws;
- you shall use the Website and our services only for the purposes related to personal non-commercial use and you do not represent any third party;
- you understand that engaging in the change of the Cryptocurrency may be risky;
- you acknowledge and agree that Exchang.io is not acting as your broker, intermediary, agent or advisor or in any fiduciary capacity, and no communication or information provided to you by Exchang.io shall be considered or construed as advice;
- you shall not mislead other Users and third parties during using the Website;
- you will not take any action aimed solely at causing damage to Exchang.io or other third parties;
- you shall not reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise disassemble the Website or any Exchang.io's software;
- recognizing the international nature of the Internet, you accept all responsibility for compliance with all local laws and regulations relating to your actions in the network;
- you agree and consent to receive electronically all communications, agreements, documents, receipts, notices and disclosures that Exchang.io provides in connection with your use of the Website and our services;
- you understand and acknowledge that any delays in services are possible;
- you shall not use proxy and VPN or other software for concealing your IP-address.
2.8. The Website is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. However, Exchang.io reserves the right, without providing notice or compensation, to temporarily suspend the Website or access to the Website in order to carry out work including, but not limited to: updates, maintenance operations and amendments to the servers, etc.
2.9 . In order to protect the integrity of the Website, Exchang.io reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users who violate these Terms.
3. AML/KYC Procedure
3.1. The Users don’t need to create accounts: you don’t need to register or log in to use the Website. However, Exchang.io uses an automated risk management system to check all the transactions made by the Users.
3.2. By accepting these Terms you agree to pass through the AML/KYC procedure, which may be applied to you or may be requested by Exchang.io at any time.
3.3. During the AML/KYC procedure, Exchang.io reserves the right to request additional information and documents, including but not limited to scan of your ID document valid in your country and additional information of the funds' origin.
3.4. In limited cases (such as to verify your identity in order to pass the AML/KYC procedure), we reserve the right to freeze your exchange transaction for any period of time necessary to complete the investigation and AML/KYC procedure.
While the investigation is ongoing, Exchang.io reserves the right to transfer the frozen funds to a cold storage. It would be done to ensure their safekeeping.
3.5. If you deny to pass through the AML/KYC procedure or don’t provide Exchang.io with the requested documents and information, Exchang.io has the right to refuse to execute your transactions (current and future).
3.6. By accepting these Terms, you agree and warrant to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and take full responsibility for its accuracy, completeness and veracity.
In limited cases (if the transaction is suspected of being connected to illegal activities) we reserve the right to freeze your exchange transaction for any period of time necessary to complete the investigation and AML/KYC procedure.
4. Personal Data
4.1. By accepting these Terms, you expressly allow Exchang.io to process your personal data, export your personal data outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside or are located.
4.2. We are entitled to transfer some User’s data (including IP-addresses) to our business partners or governmental bodies at their request to facilitate the prevention and disclosure of prohibited or illegal actions. By accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data may be transferred in this way.
5. Prices, Exchange Rates and Confirmations
5.1. Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets are highly experimental and risky.
5.2. Exchang.io's conversion service attempts to provide accurate price and exchange rate information, but this information is highly volatile and can change quickly without Users necessarily being aware of these changes.
5.3. For normal orders, the exchange rate you receive is calculated at the time your payment is accepted. Due to varying security between blockchain, your payment is typically considered “accepted” at six blocks confirmation. It is important to note that a payment being broadcast to the blockchain network does not constitute an acceptance by Exchang.io of that payment.
5.4. The Exchang.io's interest (the Exchang.io's remuneration for the use of its services and the Website) is included in the final rate of the User’s change transactions. You don’t need to pay additional fees directly to the Exchang.io, unless otherwise provided by these Terms.
5.5. Please, contact the customer support ([email protected]) for more information on exchange rates and prices.
5.6. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the changes you complete via the Website and our services, and it is your responsibility to report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. You agree that Exchang.io is not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your exchanges or for collecting, reporting, withholding or remitting any taxes arising from any transactions.
6. Returns and Refund Policy
6.1. Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets are, by their nature, generally irreversible, and their exchange rates are highly volatile and transitory. We cannot be responsible for any risk in use of the Website, including but not limited to exchange rate risk and market risk. All sales and transactions after the Exchang.io exchange are final and amount is non-refundable.
6.2. If an error occurs with a User’s exchange or interface on the User’s side of the transaction, the “Order Status” page on the Website will indicate whether or not the failed exchange will result in a refund of the User’s deposited Digital Asset or the outgoing Digital Asset to which the User was exchanging.
6.3. The Digital Asset deposited by the User will be refunded to the User if the “Order Status” page either:
- indicates the exchange failed by displaying “failed” message; or,
- indicates the exchange got stuck in “awaiting exchange”, “pending confirms” or “awaiting deposit” stages.
6.4. The outgoing Digital Asset will be exchanged and sent to the User if the “Order Status” page indicates a successful exchange by displaying “Done” or “Completed”.
6.5. Any decisions by Exchang.io with respect to refunds or exchanges are final.
6.6 Please, note:
- All transactions from Exchang.io to the User’s outgoing Digital Asset wallet shall be subject to all posted fees, including but not limited to miner fees.
- The Digital Assets extraction process can take up to twenty (20) business days. If the User wishes to expedite this process, additional charges may apply.
- Unsupported Digital Assets that are deposited into our system to unrelated wallets cannot be extracted or returned. Exchang.io reserves the right to handle this on a case-by-case basis. Any decisions by Exchang.io with respect to such Digital Assets being deposited when no longer supported are final.
- Transactions below the minimum limits determined on the Website can not be completed.
- When the User provides a destination address, this is the only address that output funds can be sent to. Any decisions by Exchang.io with respect to refunds in these circumstances are final.
- When the User requests the refund, it can be issued either to the initial address only. The refund cannot be issued to a new address. To request a refund the User should contact Exchang.io's support team as my decisions by Exchang.io with respect to refunds are final.
- Exchang.io only accepts one (1) deposit per transaction ID (TXID). If your funds are deposited in a TXID with more than one (1) deposit, you will need to contact support to receive a refund. The exchange rate will not be honored and your exchange cannot be completed.
- WARNING: There are fake websites pretending to be Exchang.io's Website (aka “phishing scams”). They use a misspelled URL that looks like “Exchang.io” in order to trick the Users into sending them funds. DO NOT USE ANY SERVICE THAT ISN'T EXACTLY LOCATED AT THE DOMAIN: “Exchang.io”.
Exchang.io is not responsible for funds that have been sent to these fake phishing sites. It is important that all Users shall verify they are visiting the correct URL (Exchang.io) on their own and search for the security certificate in the URL bar of their browser.
Also, never trust private messages, solicitations or requests for funds from people claiming to be Exchang.io unless you have verified that it is an official request from a Exchang.io's employee.
In case of doubt, contact us directly to verify any messaging. Stay diligent - and please report any phishing scams to our team ([email protected]).
6.7. If there are dramatic changes in the cryptocurrency market, Exchang.io can not exchange Cryptocurrency at the fixed rate. In this case Exchang.io shall carry out exchange transactions at the market rate or return the Cryptocurrency to the User at the choice of the latter. The Parties agree that under “dramatic changes in the cryptocurrency market” they understand the changes in the cryptocurrency rates equal to 3% or higher in any direction.
6.8. If there are any changes in the cryptocurrency market and the User decides to take any advantages of the Website's vulnerability, Exchang.io can not complete the exchange transactions of such User and shall return him or her the Cryptocurrency.
6.9. If you accidentally sent BCH to a SegWit BTC address that belongs to Exchang.io, we will be able to make a refund if the amount sent is equivalent to or exceeds 60 US dollars. The fee of such operation will be 15% of the amount, but not less than 50 US dollars deducted from the BCH deposit. We cannot guarantee the possibility of returning assets other than BCH sent to the SegWit BTC address. To request a refund, kindly [email protected].
6.10. Please note that token refunds sent to our ERC-20 address incorrectly may take up to 24 hours.
6.11. According to financial theft victim reports, in limited cases Exchang.io is able to stop funds stolen from a client or a company.
Please note that the transaction might be stopped after the trading stage, depending on the time the report was received. In such cases, we will be able to return the funds in the asset to which the exchange was made (to-currency).
In order to return such funds, Exchang.io will need a request from a Law Enforcement Authority, which clearly states that the mentioned funds should be returned. Please send a digital copy of the request to [email protected].
Once the hard copy is received, we can issue a refund to an initial or refund address specified in the exchange within 3 business days.
6.12. In limited cases Exchang.io may store User's funds. The period during which the User’s funds are stored by Exchang.io is limited to 1 calendar year. After that Exchang.io cannot guarantee the safe-keeping of the unclaimed funds.
Upon the User’s request, Exchang.io will make every possible effort to return unclaimed funds after the period ends. However, Exchang.io shall not be responsible for the result. All the fees charged for return transactions shall be paid by the User.
6.13. Fake tokens or Imitation tokens mean tokens that have no value. Despite mimicking the existing project and having the same name or logo, such tokens do not have the contract address of the project. Exchang.io checks the contract of the sent token, and if it does not match the official token contract, the deposit will not be recognized by the system. In case of receiving Fake tokens or Imitation tokens to its deposit address, Exchang.io shall not exchange or return such tokens.
7.1. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Exchang.io from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to:
- your breach of the Terms;
- your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Website and our services,
including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs of every kind and nature.
7.2. In such case, Exchang.io will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action; will provide you the opportunity to control the defense and/or settlement of such claim, suit or action; and will provide you reasonable assistance in such defense or settlement, upon reasonable request and at your expense.
8.1. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT Exchang.io's WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8.2. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
8.3. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Exchang.io MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR ANY APPLICATIONS OR EXTERNAL SITES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY.
8.4. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, Exchang.io DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, (C) DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR (D) THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.1. SUBJECT TO SECTION 8 ABOVE, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Exchang.io SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS, EVEN IF Exchang.io HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9.2. SUBJECT TO SECTION 8 ABOVE, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE Exchang.io TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE 500 EUR.
9.3. The foregoing limitations of liability shall apply whether the alleged liability or Losses are based on contract, negligence, tort, strict liability, or any other basis.
10. Prohibited Jurisdictions
10.1. By accessing and using Exchang.io's services and the Website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, or are not a citizen or resident of the United States of America, or a country subject to United Nations Sanctions Lists and their equivalent, or a country where usage of cryptocurrency is forbidden by applicable law.
10.2. Exchang.io also maintains the right to use various methods to prevent the use of the Website and its services by the Users listed above. You are to comply with this Section, even if Exchang.io's methods to prevent use of its services and the Website are not effective or can be bypassed.
10.3. Exchang.io may seize any funds from the Users in these jurisdictions and donate them to a charity at Exchang.io's sole discretion.
10.4. Use of the Website is void where prohibited by applicable law.
10.5. Exchang.io has the right to obtain your IP-address. If the IP-address is allocated in the prohibited jurisdiction (Section 10 hereunder), Exchang.io can deny you the access to the Website and providing services.
11. Permissible Use
11.1. Use of the Website may carry financial risk, and is to be used as an experimental software utility only.
11.2. When accessing or using the Website, you agree that you will not violate any law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct while using the Website and our services.
11.3. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that you will not:
- damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Website in any manner;
- use the Website and our services to pay for, support or otherwise engage in any illegal activities (such as illegal gambling activities, fraud, money-laundering or terrorist activities);
- use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access to the Website or to extract data;
- you shall not distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
12.1. These Terms shall enter into force for the User since the use of the Website and shall be in force for an indefinite period.
12.2. Exchang.io reserves the right to suspend your access to the Website for any reason, including but not limited to breaches of these Terms, in its sole and absolute discretion, immediately without prior notice and without liability.
12.3. Exchang.io reserves the right to terminate or block your access to the Website for any reason, including but not limited to breaches of these Terms, in its sole and absolute discretion, immediately without prior notice and without liability.
12.4. Exchang.io shall not give reasons for its actions.
12.5. Upon any termination of these Terms, Sections 2 – 11, 14 – 17 shall survive.
13. Modifying the Website
13.1. Exchang.io is constantly changing and improving the Website and its services.
13.2. Exchang.io has the right to add or remove functionalities or features to the Website, or add or create new limits for using the Website and its services at any time.
14. Links to Third Party Sites
14.1. The Website may contain links or submit access to the third parties sites and to the content displayed on such sites which is the result of intellectual activity of the third parties and protected in accordance with the applicable laws. Exchang.io does not check these sites and the content displayed on them for compliance with the applicable laws. Exchang.io is not responsible for any information or content displayed on such sites to which the User gets access through the Website, including, any opinions or statements expressed on such third parties sites.
14.2. The User confirms that since the User will pass to the link on the Website to the site of the third party, the relations between the Exchang.io and the User shall terminate and the Exchang.io is not responsible for the accuracy of the information displayed on the websites of the third parties, use the services and content of the third parties by the User, the validity of such use and quality of the services and content displayed on the third party’s sites.
15. Copyright Protection
15.1. Using the Website does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the Website, any software or the content you access.
15.2. The materials contained in the Website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws and treaties.
15.3. Use of search queries comprising a direct domain name or the brand name such as (but not limited to) Exchang.io, Exchang.io, etc. is prohibited in paid SEA advertisements used to attract affiliates. Violation of this rule may result in exclusion from the affiliate program (included, but not limited to, blocking of API keys and forbidding of profit withdrawal).
16.1. Exchang.io may transfer rights and obligations under these Terms to third parties without the additional consent of the User.
16.2. The User is entitled to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms to any third party only with prior written consent of Exchang.io.
17. Entire Agreement
17.1 These Terms constitute the whole agreement between the Parties and supersedes any previous arrangements or agreements between them relating to the transactions contemplated in these Terms.
17.2. Except as provided otherwise in these Terms, each Party shall pay its own costs and expenses in connection with the negotiation, preparation and performance of these Terms.